- November 6, 2020
- Posted by: fnpf_editor2
- Categories: Media Articles, News & Media
Fiji National Provident Fund has now paid more than $136 million to 177,000 members (includes members accessing multiple phases) under the COVID-19 withdrawal scheme relief to-date.
This payout includes $43.7 million Government top-up.
Chief Executive Officer Jaoji Koroi said the Fund has continued to facilitate relief payments for members who have been affected by the economic impact of the health pandemic.
“It’s been seven months since the Fund activated the COVID-19 withdrawal scheme in partnership with Government. To-date, there are seven withdrawal phases – four have been completed, while three are ongoing,” said Mr. Koroi.
Phase 2 Round 3
For Phase 2, the Fund has automatically registered 27,815 members who had earlier consented to future assistance without the need to re-apply since the last payment on Tuesday, 27th October 2020.
However, for those did not agree to the continued assistance under Phase 2 of COVID-19, they will need to re-apply similar to members who are applying for the first time.
The first payment cycle for Phase 2 Round 3 is on Tuesday, 10th November 2020.
Phase 3 Round 2
For Phase 3, the Fund has continued to assist workers who were on reduced pay or hours from their last payment on Tuesday, 20th October 2020.
The first payment cycle for Phase 3 Round 2 was disbursed to 11,799 members earlier this week. A total of $3.9 million was paid with $1.4 million topped up by Government.
Unlike those in phase 2, members are reminded that they need to re-apply for this phase through their Employers.
The total amount paid to date for each Phase is as follows:
*figures includes members accessing multiple phases (Phase 1, 2, 3)
Phase 3 Special Payment
There will be a special payment run today for around 300 members who had missed the final payment for Phase 3 Round 1 and members who applied for Phase 3 Round 2 before the deadline on Thursday, 29th October 2020, but missed this week’s payment.
A technical issue affected the processing of these members’ applications and resulted in their exclusion from Tuesday’s payment.
“We apologize to these members and we will continue to engage directly with the affected members through the communication modes they have provided us,” Mr Koroi said.
A total of $4.72 million has been paid to-date to 6,449 members in this phase.
This phase is for those who have been unemployed from January 2013 to September 2019. Members can only apply once for this relief phase and there is no Government top-up.
“This phase is for those members who are not in the COVID-19 impacted period, which means that they would have been unemployed before the pandemic period,” said Mr. Koroi.
“We will review this phase and announce any changes in due course.”
Members are encouraged to stay informed by reading the updates on this withdrawal relief on the Fund website or social media pages or to contact the Fund directly.