Why you must Nominate?
It is extremely important that you nominate a person(s) to receive your FNPF savings, should you die before fully withdrawing. If you do not file a nomination, your savings would be directed to the High Court, who would determine those who will receive this. It may not be the person(s) that you would have willed to receive your savings. So, to ensure that the right person(s) gets your savings, nominate them today!
How do I nominate?
Once you register as a FNPF member, you will receive a nomination form (Form FNPF 5). This form must be fully completed and returned to the FNPF with all required documents. The form must be witnessed by another person. It is important to note that the witness cannot be your nominee.
To complete the nomination form, you need to:
- Write the names(s) of your nominee(s)
- State the nominees(s) address and ensure this is accurate should FNPF need to contact your nominees(s). Inform FNPF if there is any changes to this address.
- If you have nomined more than one person, then you must allocate the shares to equal 100%. The minimum you can distribute to any of the nominees is 12.5% of the total.
- Indicate the relationship you have with each person you have nominated (e.g. father, daughter etc.)
- Record the date of birth of your nominee(s)
- Sign and place thumbprint on the form in front of a witness and have the witness sign the form. This cannot be a nominee.
- Ensure that birth certificates of all your nominees, and yours, are submitted with the completed form
Send the completed form to:
Fiji National Provident Fund, Private Mail Bag, Suva OR submit at any of our nearest branch/ agency.
How many can I nominate?
The form has a provision for four (4) nominees. Should you wish to nominate more than four persons (maximum of eight), you must request this in writing to the FNPF Board using the address above.
Who can you nominate?
You can nominate anyone except your employer. Your employer can only be nominated if he or she is a relative.
When do you change your nominee(s)?
- If you get married or re-marry
- If any of your nominee die
- If you want to change your nominees
To do a change, you can request for another FNPF Nomination form.
How are your FNPF savings paid to your nominees?
If you have more than one nominee, your savings will be paid out according to the percentage entitlement allocated by you to each of them.