|Who qualifies?||Withdrawal Amount||Documents Required|
|Members with General Account entitlement||Maximum $1000 from General Account only||Completed Application Form|
|A Member who has resigned, terminated, non-renewal of contract, seasonal worker, permanently laid off or made redundant from work||Evidence of termination letter from employer stating the termination date, non-renewal of contract, permanently laid off or made redundant or letter of acceptance of resignation from employer|
|Original or certified birth & marriage certificate printed after the year 2000. (if applicable)|
|Member’s latest bank statement|
Method of Payment
– Payment is made directly to the member’s bank account.
– You can also opt for M-PAISA or a Telegraphic Money Order payment.
Ensure that the details you fill in the form are correct.
Bank charges for telegraphic transfer or bank drafts will be deducted from this withdrawal.
- If the member had previously withdrawn for Unemployment Assistance, the member can be assisted again after 3 years (effective from 1st April 2020).
- Members must apply for this assistance within 6 months from the date of unemployment.
- An acceptance letter of resignation on own accord and cases pending a disciplinary tribunal can be assisted after 3 months from the last date of employment.