This phase is specifically for members who have been unemployed or on leave without pay since October 2019. It also includes members who have recently been unemployed.
To date, seven rounds of relief have been completed under this phase.
Phase Two Round Eight
Another round of relief opens on Monday 20 December 2021. It is only available for members with sufficient general account balance.
Member must have a minimum general account balance of $135 to be eligible for this round.
The minimum withdrawal amount is $100 and the maximum amount is $2,000.
There is no Government top-up.
To qualify, members must meet the following criteria:
- Compulsory FNPF member;
- Unemployed or on leave without pay since October 2019;
- Recently unemployed (redundancies, vaccinations, etc);
Documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Valid photo ID (FNPF/FRCS Joint ID, Drivers License, Voter ID Card, Passport;
- Letter from recent employer confirming unemployment (for members applying for the first time);
- Latest bank statement (for first time applicants and those who want to change their payment mode to bank deposit).
- Applications will be processed within three (3) working days.Processing will be delayed if the application is incomplete and will need to be verified.An application is incomplete if:
- Information required in the application form is not provided;
- All or some of the required documents are not provided.
Members applying for the first time will go through a verification process to confirm unemployment status – especially if contributions paid to their account are recent.
There will be a one-off lump sum payment through the members’ chosen payment mode:
- Bank – direct transfer
- Vodafone M-PAiSA
Applications must be submitted on the myFNPF App (download from Google Playstore and Apple App Store).
Closing date is Friday 14 January 2022.